"What the mind of the woman can conceive and believe, the mind of the woman can achieve"
W. Clement Stone
HypnoBirthing is a gentle, calm and rewarding method of birthing which is based on the belief that all babies should come into the world gently.
HypnoBirthing prepares a birthing couple (physically, emotionally, mentally and spirituality) for an easier, more-comfortable and sometimes pain-free birth.
This is a well thought out programme of deep relaxation, self-hypnosis, special breathing techniques, visualisations, affirmations, and education. HypnoBirthing allows a woman to return to her natural birthing instincts and to birth her baby safely and with ease.
The Mongan Method
Birth is natural, normal and healthy. A healthy woman, carrying a healthy baby, experiencing a healthy pregnancy, and a healthy labour, can expect to experience instinctive birth.
Some of the advantages of HynpoBirthing:
* Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing
* Lessens fatigue during labour
* Reduces, and often eliminates, the need for chemical anaesthesia, episiotomy, and other interventions
* Shortens the thinning and opening phase of labour by several hours and allows the birthing mother to tune in to, and utilise, the natural pulsations of her body to breath her baby to the crowing stage, rather than pushing for long, exhausting periods
* Reduces risk of pelvic floor damage
* The birthing companion is an integral part of the birthing, not an onlooker
* Often babies are better adjusted and happier
* Gentle birth leads to easier emotional and physical post-partum recovery
* Birthing is returned to the safe, gentle experience that Nature intended
How does it work?
Mothers and their birthing companions will attend 5 x 2.5 hour sessions usually on a weekly basis, either in a group setting or on a one-to-one basis. The cost is £295.00 for the full 12.5 hour course.
Parents are provided with:
* A workbook of information to complement the course
* Visualisation and relaxation scripts to practice together
* MP3 of the rainbow visualisation recording and a recording of affirmations
* Lisa Wells HypnoBirthing affirmation cards
* Your own copy of the book 'HypnoBirthing' by Marie Mongan, the founder of HypnoBirthing.
Unit 1 - Setting the Stage. Dehypnotising and Building a Positive Expectancy
Unit 2 - Falling in Love with Your Baby. Pre-Birth Parenting, Preparing Your Mind and Body
Unit 3 - Advanced Visualisation and Deepening
Unit 4 - Overview and Summary of Childbirth
Unit 5 - Birthing. The Final Act and Bonding
Attending a HypnoBirthing course
Dates for the next group class will be confirmed shortly. However if you would like to organise a private 1:1 course, either online or in person, please contact me.
You can do this by calling me on 07710437398, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This course can be attended at anytime in pregnancy but is most effective from the second trimester, giving plenty of time to practice!